Closing thoughts from the entire team

Closing thoughts about the 2020 ICS trip:

Keegan:
I learned so much on this trip not only about myself, but my relationship with God. It has been absolutely incredible to experience other cultures, and their ways of worshiping, and praising God. I met so many different people from so many different backgrounds. It was amazing to go on this trip with our wonderful leaders, and all of my other teammates.

Cosette: 
This trip was an incredible experience. I loved having the opportunity to teach English (in Thailand) and it really solidified my desire to do this as a full-time job after graduation. I loved making friends overseas and I’m ready to go back anytime! 

Celiena:
Having the opportunity to come overseas has been such a blessing. I have learned to put my trust in God even through some difficult situations. I have also been able to see God work in miraculous ways through some of the people I have gotten to meet. Thank you for all the support!

Krista: 
My biggest takeaway was learning to trust God in every situation, big or small. God taught me to put trust in Him in the mundane things of life and also in making big decisions. I learned to take one step of faith at a time.

Heather: 
There were a lot of moments on this trip that will stay with me for the rest of my life. The one that comes to mind most is the fact that God is constantly present in my life and the lives of others around me. Although things physically change in our lives God is always present. 

Hannah:
Honestly, I can hardly believe that I had the opportunity to go on a trip like this one. I feel absolutely blessed by all of the experiences I have had over the past two months, both the really amazing ones and the tougher ones. I have learned so much, including that I LOVE to teach! I could see international teaching playing some part in my future. Another major takeaway from this trip is how small I am in the context of God’s huge plan, and how huge the world is and how big God is. I stand amazed at His intimacy with each individual believer around the world and how He is knitting each one of us into a cohesive and grand design.

Claira: 
This trip was absolutely amazing! God was and is still teaching me so much about the world, Himself, and myself. God is doing big things in each place we went to. He works differently in each place but is still the same amazing God. I also was able to meet Christian brothers and sisters around the world and they taught me so much. I also was able to experience what true joy from God is and how to use this to bless others. I am so grateful for this trip and all the memories it has brought. 

Emily:
A big take-away for me from this internship is that worship doesn’t end when the music stops. This is something that I learned at the beginning of the trip in Cambodia as we worshipped with the Cambodian Christians and saw their joy in worship that long outlasted the music. Going home, I want my life to be one characterized by worship, and I want this worship to drive my love for God and my acts of service toward others. In the same way, our ministry does not end when we come home. We are excited to continue growing and serving at home. Thank you all so much for your prayers!

Natalie:
I am so thankful that I was able to be a part of this team and that we were able to witness how God is moving in all of the wonderful countries that we visited. I am very grateful for all the prayers and support from all of you at home. 

Laura:
This trip has been an amazing opportunity for us all, and I cannot believe that we have reached the end! God used this to teach me more about my calling and my future working with children. I will always remember the times that I spent with this team and the people that I met along the way. 

Bev:
It’s been a joy to see each student develop their ministry skills during this internship.
I’m so glad God offered me this opportunity for it’s been an unforgettable experience.

Dr. E:
This was my last trip.  It was wonderful and hard, but also a blessing.  All of the students have grown in different ways.  I will miss this opportunity to open up students to seeing the peoples of the world as God does.  Thanks for your prayers and support.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cambodia By Celiena Davis